The Radiology department, better known as x-ray, offers an important diagnostic imaging service to support clinicians both within and outside the hospital.
We cover a wide range of imaging techniques including:
- Plain film and dental x-ray
- Nuclear Medicine scans (for functional imaging of organs)
- Fluoroscopy (studies of internal organs as well as joints)
- Angiography (studies of blood vessels)
- Mammography (x-rays of the breast)
- Bone Density scans (to check for osteoporosis)
- Tissue sampling (core biopsy) can be undertaken using x-rays, CT or Ultrasound.
As well as being a diagnostic department, we also offer a range of therapeutic techniques.